THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Big Decisions!

So I've pretty much decided that it is impossible for me to blog on a daily basis. I am simply too busy all the time. Maybe one day I will get to a point in my life where I will have the time to blog on a regular basis, but until then, you will just have to take what you get.

The past couple of days have been spent catching up with school and working at Kactus Kidz. Tomorrow I have a presentation worth 50% of my final grade in the course, so say a little prayer for me and my presentation. Also, my hours got cut back at Kactus Kidz, which required me to get a new job, after very little searching, I was able to find a job working with a family in San Antonio that has an autistic 6 year old boy, Mercede, and a 4 year old little girl, Paloma. They pay outrageously well, are extremely nice, and my friend Laura and I are splitting the hours, so it doesn't require a huge time commitment. Also, the mom is the President of the Autism Society of San Antonio, which will make for a great job reference (ps. can you believe I'm talking about job references? I graduate in a little over a year...I'm not ready to be a grown up), and it will give me great experience working with an autistic child everyday. To be honest, autism fascinates me, and it is my favorite disorder to treat. The kids are so intelligent and fun, they just have problems communicating whatever is going on in their head. If I were ever to get my doctorate in occupational therapy, I'd do my thesis on autism.

I'm blabbing and letting my nerdy side out. Sorry if I bored you.

Anyways, this weekend I am coming home, so Georgetown kids get ready to hang out with me. I have to get more blood drawn to make sure everything is back to normal after the sickness (see previous blog) and on Saturday I'll probably make my way up to Lampasas for a family reunion. In other Coe family news, my family will be getting another foreign exchange student (we had one from China when I was in middle school) in the Spring. Should be interesting....

Jaron is leaving to go back to Stephenville after this weekend. Also, because of gas prices and busy schedules, we are only going to be able to see each other every other weekend. I am extremely not looking forward to this at all.

Now you're caught up with my life, so we'll turn to the real reason for this blog. At the end of August, I have to decide where to do my rotations in the fall and spring of next year. I have many choices as there are hundreds of places across the country I can go to. Here are my options summed up:
1. I could go to somewhere really cool and interesting and different, because you only get this kind of opportunity once.
2. I could go to the Dallas/Fort Worth area because it is different but still close to home. Also, it offers great job opportunities, I know some of my friends are moving there after they graduate, and it is a bit closer to Jaron.
3. I could go to the Austin area and live with my parents.

Unfortunately, my parents have told me they can't afford to send me somewhere cool and interesting right now, which means I would have to foot the bill myself, which will be pretty hard to do when you're working a 50 hour a week job for free.
This makes number 2 the ideal, but my parents have told me that if I pick something in the Austin area and live at home, I could have the money that they would be paying for rent.

Anyways, I don't know what I am going to pick yet. I've been praying for God to give me guidance...please pray for me too!

0 comments: