THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Politics

This weekend, I have done absolutely nothing, and it has been wonderful.

This weekend, I also tried to dry my hair. It looks almost exactly the same. Disappointing.

This weekend, I watched the first season of Entourage and I really liked it. I tried to rent season 2 from Blockbuster, but the only copy was missing the first disk. Also disappointing.

The real point of this post is the upcoming Presidential election. Here are my two biggest complaints:

1. The media (and the candidates) spend a lot more time talking about pointless crap like who said what or who's wife wore what than they do about the issues. This is annoying.

2. The election has become somewhat of a popularity contest. Here's the deal, if you have truly researched the issues, and you agree with Obama or McCain, then by all means, vote for them. I support your decision 100%. However, I have noticed a recent trend at Texas State and elsewhere. This trend involves people voting for Obama when they have absolutely no idea where he stands on issues or what he has planned for our country. Many Texas State kids want to vote for Obama simply because its "cool" to vote for him. If you asked them Obama's stance on any of the issues, they can't tell you, because they have absolutely no idea. This is retarded. I do not want the future leader of our country in control simply because he is viewed as cool and popular.

With that being said, I know that I do not know as much about the issues as I should. Therefore, to benefit myself and my readers, I shall be starting a new segment in my blog. I will start researching and reporting how each candidate views certain issues in an unbiased way. I hope to do one to two issues a week. Some issues I plan on covering include: education, health care, taxes, the economy, abortion, the Iraq war, and the environment. If you have any other issues you would like me to research and report on, please let me know and I will consider them. Be looking forward to the posts, and register to vote by midnight Monday (if you live in Texas).

Excited about the polictical process,
Jenna

1 comments:

FOOTBALL MAN said...

I like your blogs, looking forward to your future updates.