THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

My Experience As a Snowboarder

In case you just started reading today, or missed the blog I wrote yesterday, I tried snowboarding for the first time today. It was a very interesting experience.

Martina and I had lessons this morning with a very nice snowboarding instructor named Trevor. On a completely unrelated side note, he is a kite boarding instructor in North Carolina for most of the year and then comes to Colorado to teach snowboarding in the winter months. Extremely cool life right?

Anyways, the lessons went decently well. I had fun and I learned a lot, but in the beginning I needed a lot of help. Snowboarding is really hard to pick up! I did, however, finally get the hang of it towards the end.

Unfortunately, all I really have to show for it is two huge bruises on my knees from stopping and falling toe side so much. That's right, I said toe side, like a real snowboarder. Pretty soon, I'll be saying things like ride, and grind, and half pipe.

Regardless, I have decided that I enjoy skiing much more, so I traded my board in for skis. I really want to get some ski time in with Ally and enjoy my trip to the fullest. Maybe one day I'll try snowboarding again, but for now, at least I can cross it off my list of things to do before I die.

In other news, I read the first five chapters of Crazy Love today. It is so good! Good in a way that it isn't full of deep, never thought of before things, but rather good in a way that Frances Chan writes things that you knew all along in the back of your head, but never really thought about in the forefront of your mind, or in the way he puts them for that matter. Does that make sense? I don't know, but its good.

I read it in the bathtub today, making note taking difficult. But I promise, notes are coming soon.

Had a Rad Day Shredding It on the Slopes (more snowboarding talk I picked up),
Jenna

0 comments: