THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm Already Crying

I don't know if this counts toward the pretend pool that never really started or not, but I already cried my first tears over Uganda. I got to talk to the volunteer coordinator on Monday and afterward, we became Facebook friends, mostly so I could look at her pictures from Africa. I got so stinking excited looking at the pictures of the children I could possibly minister too and the people I could possibly be serving with. Then, I found these two videos on her site. It talks about sponsoring a child in Uganda. One video is really just a longer version of the other.





I watched these videos like four times and I cried tears of happiness about how cool this summer is going to be and how much I am going to love love love loving on these children. Then, I watched this video on Zak White's (pastor of The Connection Church in Kyle, Texas) blog:



Obviously, I sobbed like a baby. Then, I noticed at the end of the video that Sam and Esther live in Uganda.

Even cooler? The hospital they end up at at the end of the video for physical therapy is one of the best children's hospitals in Africa. I'm going to be doing some volunteering and maybe even some occupational therapy at that very hospital this summer.

Just wanted to share that with you. I promise note every blog between now and June 1st will be about Uganda.

Such a crybaby,
Jenna

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow- that last video was so heartwrenching... I cried like a baby too-

Zak White said...

Jenna,

thanks for the props on the blog. i'll be praying for your trip this summer and I am PUMPED for you! Its going to be an incredible, life changing trip!