THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Uganda

So its officially official, I'm going to be spending June 1st-July 31st in Uganda this summer! I am beyond excited about going. I am also beyond nervous. I did, however, read a Twitter from Perry Noble that said if you aren't nervous about what you're about do to then it probably isn't from God, so I suppose my nervousness is a good sign. Obviously, I would really appreciate it if you would start praying for me and my trip now.

I figured a good way to start out talking about Uganda is explaining why I want to go. There are multiple reasons.

1. I spent a lot of time praying about this with God and I really feel like it is something He wants me to do.

2. I have always wanted to do a longer term mission at some point in my life.

3. I think something like this is the perfect close of the college chapter of my life and the beginning of the adult world portion of my life.

4. I feel like I need to get away from everyone and every thing in my life so that I can learn to fully rely on God and only God. Not God and my friends, God and my family, God and my comfort zone, etc.

5. I want a new perspective on life. I want to learn to really appreciate all the things that I have that I take for granted. I want to wake up in the morning and know first hand that the things I have in my life are not things granted to everyone. I want to know what its like to really live uncomfortably. I want to wake up and praise God for sheets, and cereal, and iPods, and AC and couches and really mean it.

I've already heard from many people, and I'm sure I will hear from many more that this trip is going to be hard. That its going to dangerous. That its going to be uncomfortable. Some people have even told me I won't be able to handle it.

Secretly, I like it. I hope its all those things and more. I hope its so hard that I cry and I get on my knees and I tell God I can't get through it without Him.

And then I hope He gets me through it.

So before you feel like telling me, just know:

I know this trip will be one of the most difficult things I ever do. I know its dangerous. I know its going to be hard. I know I'll be uncomfortable. I am even considering starting a pool for how many hours into the trip I cry. Let me know if you want in.

I also know this trip is going to change my life in a way that only God can. And that's why I'm going to Uganda.

Looking for Life Change,
Jenna

2 comments:

Nic Burleson said...

And that is why you're on my team. All those things about hard, a challenge, dangerous may be true. The "you can't handle it..." is bullcrap. That couldn't be father from the truth.

Pam said...

I love it when people think they know you better than God knows you. I will pray for you and I know you can do it.