THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update

My soccer team lost bad last weekend. Really bad. But the best part is? After the game, all the girls could do was talk about how much fun they had. They loved it and they have improved a lot, even during the game. That's what's important to me. I'm having a blast coaching them. In fact, practice is probably my favorite part of the week, and coaching their game was more fun than I've had in a while!

In the area of Uganda, I've bought my plane ticket, sorted out all my fiances, and applied for my visa. If you ever need to apply for a visa to Uganda, just know, they don't play around. I felt like I was applying for a new identity. There were so many different forms required I had to use one of those big Post Office envelopes to send it all. Anyways, cross your fingers that I get approved!

Speaking of fiances, I have been greatly blessed in the Africa department. For about a week after I mailed out my letters, I received a few donations a day, all totaling about 600 dollars. I was so relieved! Thank you so much to everyone who has donated!

Then, I started getting other letters back, not letters with money in them, but letters returned to me because the addresses weren't correct. In fact, for 3 days in a row, I only got these types of letters. And even though God had been blessing me a few days before, I immediately started to doubt Him again.

Why do I do this? I really need to figure that out.

Anyways, I think God constantly likes to remind me that he knows better than me, because here's what happened yesterday:

I got two envelopes in the mail from the same person, which I thought was a little weird. I opened one, and it was a 500 dollar donation from a woman my mom used to teach with. She has always had a very kind and generous heart, so expected a donation, but not one that substantial.

Then, I opened the other one. Not only did this woman write her own personal check, she told a friend down the street about me, and that woman made a 300 dollar donation. Note: I have never, ever met, spoken to, or laid eyes on this woman. I couldn't even come close to picking her out of a line up, and she still made such a substantial donation to my trip. I was floored.

Later that night, my Papa called and said that he would cover all the expenses of my trip that I don't get in donations
.

I was moved to tears by the donations of family, friends, and complete strangers. My trip to Uganda is completely paid for no matter what happens. God has blessed me so much by putting people in my life that care enough about me to support what God has called me to do.

Odds are, if you're reading this, you are probably one of those people, so just know that everyday I thank God for you!

Counting my Blessings,
Jenna

0 comments: