THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The second go round

So here's the second post, I don't plan to go nearly as deep as the last one. Here's some updates on my life as of late:

  1. Yesterday, the AC at the daycare I work at was broken, and I am pretty sure I sweat off about 10 pounds. Also, my boss lectured me about several things that were done by another girl but blamed on me. I took the blame because if she gets in trouble anymore she will be fired and that would make me feel bad, because I like her and she has kids. Today, I changed two poopy pants and cleaned up vomit. Regardless of all of this, yesterday, I got a check for over 300 dollars that I worked EXTREMELY hard for and it feels good to say that I earned every penny all on my own.
  2. My granny is in the hospital after having a stroke. At first, we thought that she wasn't going to make it through the weekend, and we were making plans to head up there and have her funeral, but I heard from my mom a bit ago and she is doing much better. Still, keep her in your prayers.
  3. After a long couple of months praying, and a very moving sermon (check out river-stone.org and listen to their podcast from May 4th) I jumped in and committed to helping Nic and Jo with their church plant. I've been having a lot of fun reading up on what God is teaching them at the Whiteboard conference this week (check out Nic's blogs in my links) but I CAN NOT wait until they get back to hear about all the things God as been showing them, and to learn what God has in store for our church plant.
  4. Classes start on Tuesday, and I just ordered my books an hour ago. For the past two weeks since finals, I have lived in a world where I convinced myself that school does not exist. Unfortunately, tonight brought me back to reality. I am dreading the start of school. I was ready to graduate about a year ago. Not grow up and have a job or anything, just to be done with school. But on Tuesday, it begins again. Boo school.
  5. Tomorrow, I am going home to hang with the family and the Wards and the Levys and Kelsey (you better be there). It will be simply fabulous to see everyone. Also, on Sunday we are going to my cousin's graduation party (she's the valedictorian, way to go Kim!) at the lake, which should be a blast.

And that, my friends, is my life in a nut shell.

0 comments: