THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Titles

So I think that the hardest part of blogging may be coming up with titles for these things. I remember when we were in high school, Kelsey used song titles, maybe I'll steal that idea.

Anyways, I spent the weekend at home and it was excellent. I hung out with my family and the Wards and Kelsey and it was really fun catching up with everyone. Like I said earlier, I simply love being home.

Today I went to church at FBC in Georgetown. It made me realize how much I've changed since high school. In high school, I loved the traditional Baptist music and such. This morning I found myself missing River Stone, Three Rivers, Austin Stone and the like (P.S. Nic when we start the church, let's avoid names with River or Stone in them, they seem much too common). Not that I didn't enjoy the service, it just wasn't the contemporary style I have come to enjoy. A change up is always good anyways I suppose.

The new pastor at FBC seems like a really nice guy, but he also reminds me of a game show host. I almost expected him to remind me to spay and neuter my pet at the end of the service. Regardless, he was nice and kinda of funny and he delivered a good messages out of Ephesians 5. It was about time and how you use it. Do you use your time for God or for the things of this world? It was pretty much a confirmation that the church plant is good idea in God's opinion.

This morning was also Senior Sunday. The summer before my senior year in high school I went on a junior high mission trip and ended up mentoring and hanging out with a lot of the 8th graders that were on that trip during the rest of my senior year and freshman year of college. Today, all those kids were in their caps and gowns. It made me feel super old. It also made me realize that I am technically a senior in COLLEGE, and that in less than two years I'll be in the real world. I'm so not ready to be a grown up. The thought is actually pretty scary.

After church my family went to the lake for my cousin's graduation party. It was pretty boring, but it was nice to see my family, and my great aunt is an AMAZING cook and she sent me home with some food, which is always nice.

Tomorrow I get to spend the day with Jaron. It will be the last time for a while that we can hang out by ourselves, because once Nic and Jo gets back, he has to start officially working for Nic, and Nic always keeps him really busy (not that I mind Nic!). It should be fun, and I'm pretty excited, so until next time.....

1 comments:

JCo said...

yeah...you probably don't like that church because Levy is the youth minister and nobody likes that guy...but I am pumped about hanging out tomorrow and not so much pumped about starting real work....gross