THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Last Day of Summer

So today was a pretty good day considering its the last day of summer. I slept in late, and then Jaron, Whitney (my roommate) and Clint (her boyfriend) went and ate lunch ate Freebirds. I made a bike out of foil. See if you can find it the next time you go.

After lunch Jaron and I went to Hastings and I got a book about visiting New York City. I have a new obsession with going to New York City, and we are trying to go after my summer classes end. Even if it doesn't work out, I'm still going to plan my dream trip to New York for when I have the opportunity to go.

After this, Jaron and I started looking on the computer at trucks, because he really wants and deserves a new one. After looking for a while, we decided, what the heck, lets go test drive one, so we did. We went down to the Nissan dealership and test drove a Nissan Frontier. I think Jaron really liked it, and everyone there was really nice, so I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see if everything works out. Here's what the Nissan Frontier looks like:


Afterwards Jaron and I hung out at the house, ordered a really good pizza, and watched the Golden Compass. I wasn't that impressed. The acting and such was good, but the story line wasn't. Maybe I need to read the books, but since the books are about killing off God, I don't know that that will happen.

Tomorrow I start my regular summer schedule of work in the morning and class in the afternoon. I am not excited at all. If I had things my way, I would be spending the next couple of months hanging out at home and at the river, and maybe doing Jaron's job for Nic (I do it better anyways).

Anyways, tomorrow I have to talk to my summer professors about missing class so that I can be a youth sponsor on all of the trips for Nic's youth group this summer. I really feel like that is where God wants me to be, so I really hope that my professors will be receptive to the idea. I could use your prayers, and I'll let you know what happens!

0 comments: