THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Updates

So, I havn't written in a while. I apologize. I've been doing the whole school thing, with the exception of last weekend, which was spent with Nic and Jo on Friday, and a slumber party with my three of my best friends from college on Saturday.

This past week, nothing interesting happened with the exception of a guest speaker who came in on Thursday. His company has developed a stomach pump that connects to the spinal cord and pumps drugs through the nervous system to reduce spasticity in the muscles of patients with cerebral palsy, strokes, traumatic brain injuries and the like. I may be letting out my inner nerd, but the stuff has the potential to be huge for the medical field, and the presentation was really interesting. Not only that, but the presenter is allowing us to come in and watch some surgeries and therapy sessions if we want.

Sorry if that bored you.

Anyways, this weekend, I headed up to Stephenville to visit Jaron. This whole every other weekend thing is really no fun at all, but it was great to get to spend time with him. I got to see Jaron's new car, which is really nice. Also, Jaron is going to be coaching a youth flag football team this year, so I helped him set up some stuff for that. The rest of the weekend was pretty much spent watching football. I've come to accept the fact that Jaron's life will revolve around football when its fall, so I suppose its a good thing that I enjoy it too. I also got to meet a bunch of Jaron's friends weekend, I really liked them, and we had a great time. Overall, it was a great weekend and I'm really glad I got to spend some time with Jaron. I already miss him and I'm counting down the days until I get to see him again.

On a side note, Jaron got me a new game for my Wii. It's Mario vs. Sonic at the Olympics, and its the official video game of the Bejing Olympics. I bet you didn't know that the Olympics had an official video game. Anyways, its a mix of two of my favorite things (Wii and Olympics) so I'm really looking forward to trying it out. What a great boyfriend I have.

Finally, I'm starting a new portion of my blog. I don't know what I am going to call it, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Anyways, many of you may know that my Youth Minister, Brett, has a group on facebook about him becoming President of Texas and what laws he would enforce if such an event would occur. Now, I am not trying to take over his position, I can barely keep plants alive, so I would in no way want to take on the responsibility of President of Texas. However, given the fact that the Republican Party is now nominating a woman for Vice President and the fact that I'm one of Brett's favorites, I am hoping Brett would allow me a position in his government.

In case this happens, I too would like to start keeping a list of rules that I would establish if Brett would ever give me a position in his government.

My first few are as follows:

1. When a hurricane occurs, and an evacuation is ordered, people will be forced to leave. Especially when government officials and weather forecasters are warning of "Certain Death" if you stay. In these situations, you will be dragged out kicking and screaming if needed.

2. If you choose not to evacuate when forecasters and government officials warn of "Certain Death" when you stay, and on top of that, refuse to leave your home again after rescuers risk their lives to come and get you from your home:
1. You're an idiot. You're home is flooded and will be for quite a while. You will have no access to food, water, electricity, A/C, or even restrooms.
2. You're selfish. Those people have families at home and are risking their lives to come and get you, even though you weren't bright enough to leave in the first place.
3. Because of number 1 and 2, you will no longer be allowed to live in Texas. Additionally, a vote will be taken on whether or not we should just send you straight to Mexico.

3. All individuals driving in the fast lane must maintain a speed of 65 to 70 miles per hour. If caught not maintaining said speed, you will be given a ticket similar to speeding tickets. This is mostly to keep from you from making me angry.

*Please note that on Law 2, I am in no way referring to individuals stuck by the tragedies of Hurricane Ike. Well, I suppose I am, but I am not referring to those individuals who have lost someone or suffered damaged as a result of Hurricane Ike. I am also not referring to those individuals who evacuated and took other appropriate steps to prepare for Ike. I am praying for everyone stuck by this tragedy, even those who chose not to evacuate. I am just greatly upset by the fact that people are having to risk their lives to save those who chose not to drive a few hours up state. Especially when they are given a second chance to leave as well. I apologize if this offends anyone, as it is not meant to.

Excited about my new position in the political process,
Jenna

0 comments: