THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Very Special Blog






Today's blog is dedicated to a very special person named David. David has been my friend since 11th grade. When I first met David, he wasn't a Christian and used to shamelessly hit on me and my friends on a daily basis at lunch (not that the two are related, those are just things I remember about him, although most of the comments were inappropriate, so I guess it could be related).

Anyways, over our friendship, I have watched David accept Christ and develop a relationship with Him. He just spent this past summer as a youth ministry intern for Austin Baptist Church. It has been incredible to watch David grow from a lost individual to someone who feels passionately about leading lost souls to Christ. I feel so honored that God let me be a part of it.

David is also an absolutely wonderful friend. A visit home to Georgetown is not truly a visit home unless I have spent some time with David. David has been there through bad boyfriends and break ups and has always given the best advice on situations. He even credits himself with getting me and Jaron together (which is partially true), so thanks for that too. David is also always up for spending time with me, no matter what the time or how lame the activity (late night Whataburger trips, swinging at the park, roaming around Wal-Mart, and embarrassingly sitting in a car in the Ward's neighborhood (not in front of their house so they would see us and make fun) jamming to Journey waiting for them to get home because we literally had nothing better to do).

If you don't want to read through the previous dedication to how great David is, here's the summary: David is a great person, friend, and man of God.

The whole point of the blog is to let you know that something wonderful is happening in David's life. David leaves to go on his Mission Year to New Orleans tomorrow. You can find out more about Mission Year here. If you don't feel like clicking the link, the summary is that David is going to spend the next year of his life serving and spreading the Word of God to the people of New Orleans. I think its so amazing that God' plan involved sending such a hard working and awesome person to an area that could use a lot of those kinds of people at this time. Good planning God!

Anyways, I am extremely sad that David is leaving, because like I said, trips home won't be the same without him. I am also extremely excited about the opportunity God has given David, and the opportunity God has given me to see what He is going to do through David, because I know it will be incredible.

Finally, I ask that you spend the next year praying for David, the rest of the members on his team, New Orleans, and everyone else involved in Mission Year. Some great things are going to be done through them this year!

Loving David,
Jenna

P.S. You should read David's blog, even if you don't know him because 1: It's funny 2: I've been told that he will update as much as possible. Check out David's blog here.

0 comments: