THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fun New Things

Ok, so I'm no Jonathon Mobley, but I like to think I know a few things about a few things, and since nothing new has been happening in my life with the exception of school, work, and a weekend at home with Jaron, I thought I'd let you in on a couple of them.

1. Google Reader-(thanks to Jo for showing me this one) Google Reader is simply a must if you are involved in the blogging world. How does Google Reader work? Quite simply, it keeps tract of whenever someone you follow writes a new blog. It saves you countless amount of time going from blog to blog to see if people have updated. Check out Google Reader here .

2. Organic Milk-My roommate has been on this new thing about trying out different kinds of milk. Many of you may remember my experience trying organic milk. Today I tried Soy milk. My findings? Organic milk-good and good for you. Soy milk-disgusting and to be avoided at all costs.

3. Kaboodle-All of my avid readers (i.e. Jaron) know that I have given up shopping for a while. In order to curb my addiction to shopping, I have started "Kaboodling" if you will. How does it work? After installing a little add on Firefox, whenever you find something online you want, you simply click the button at the top to add it to your Kaboodle list. Later on, when you have money, you can go back to the list and get what you want. You can even organize your lists into different categories and e-mail your lists to people for your birthday or Christmas. Check out Kaboodle here .

4. Sly Dial-I found out about Sly Dial on The View. Whoopie told me about it (yes, I watch The View, no need to make fun, I already know its lame, add it to the list). Sly Dial is great for those situations when you're calling someone and while the phone is ringing, you're praying they don't pick up. Here's how it works: 1. You call Sly Dial 2. You type in the number of the person you are trying Sly Dial 3. You listen to a 10 second advertisement 4. You are directly connected to the person's voicemail, without having an awkward conversation. Best of all, its totally free. The only downside is that a missed call shows up on the other person's phone while you're leaving the voicemail, so they might call back. I've already used it on two of my bosses (sure hope they don't read this!) and its wonderful. You can check out Sly Dial and get the number here.

Staying Hip,
Jenna

1 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Jenna,
Just gotta tell ya. You have caused me to become addicted to one more thing.

1. Google Reader-already got it and yes, very cool.

2. Soy milk-disgusting yes, but my best friends son, Kane(2 years old,his heart transplant, 1 year old) was recently found to be allergic(very) to cow's milk, option-soy milk. He improved by 200%, seriously. So though disgusting, sometimes it's the best thing that could happen to the cutest boy I know besides my own.:-D

3. OK, Kaboodle, seriously addicted now. Thanks! I didn't need one more thing to be hooked on...but it's just too cool for me to care...lol.

4. Haven't tried Sly Dial yet....yet.....*grin*

Good stuff, Jenna!