THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

39 Things I'm Thankful For

I know everyone does this, but I'm ok with being like everyone else every once in a while. At least I picked an odd number.

39 Things I'm thankful for:

1. God for forgiving us no matter what, loving us unconditionally, supporting us in all circumstances, healing us even when we don't think we need it and reminding us that we must do the same for others.
2. Thanksgiving for reminding me to be thankful.
3. My Great Aunt Ann who lets us come to her house and makes the best homemade Thanksgiving meal ever.
4. My dad who works his butt off, even when the housing market is way down, to provide a comfortable life for us.
5. My mom who holds down the fort, supports my sister and I unconditionally, and embarrassingly felt the need to share with my whole family at the dinner table that I got hit on by both the CVS pharmacy tech and H-E-B check out guy.
6. My sister, who is a constant reminder that she looks up to me and I need to be the best example of a Godly woman that I can for her.
7. Martina, our foreign exchange student, because she is funny and intelligent and entertaining and our family won't feel the same when she leaves in June. Although, it will be nice to get my room back. Just kidding Martie!
8. Martina and the outlet malls, because for the first time we are shopping at midnight tonight so that Martina can have the American Black Friday experience to go with her first Thanksgiving. I'm especially thankful that dad just went to bed and left his credit card for us to take :).
9. My dog Bella because she is adorable and funny and can make me laugh when I've had a bad day.


10. My friend Amber for being a wonderful person, outrageously hilarious, and for buying Bella that sweater.
11. Haley, my somewhat life partner according to Bella's adoption papers, for helping me take care of Bella, for being the funniest person I know, for supporting me unconditionally, for planning on moving to Dallas with me when we grow up, for getting a job with Kyle Park band so I can meet Wade Bowen and go to free shows, for living with me even though I'm a total weirdo, and for co starring in our upcoming hit T.V. show with me.
12. Whitney for letting me live in her house, for living with me for more than one year even after she realized what living with me was like, for laughing at my jokes, for being a cheap drunk and letting us laugh at her, for reminding Haley and I to not be too mean to people, for listening to me complain, and for supporting me in all my bad and good decisions.
13. Macy for being funny and letting us make fun her, for still being able to make friends even though we didn't talk when we went to the same high school, for letting us charge her 10 cents for all her lame jokes, and for her stories which have a lot of build up, but no ending, and although annoying, do make me smile.
14. David for listening to me complain and giving me advice and making me laugh and ruthlessly hitting on me when I'm in tears.
15. Nic and Jo for listening to me complain and laughing at my jokes so that I think I'm kind of funny.
16. For Baby Boy Burleson, who is going to be my godson, who I am going to spoil rotten and turn into a super baby. Let's not lie, I'll probably be his favorite.
17. For the Wards and Levys, who are my surrogate Christian parents and who gave me my first example of a Godly marriages and real Christian leadership.
18. For Shelby and Kelsey, the girls that I know will always be here for me, and the people I most wish I got to see more often. Hooray for next year when we'll all be in Georgetown!
19. For all my other friends, who have loved me, listened to me, counseled me, made me laugh, and given me memories that will last forever.
20. For music, because without it, I wouldn't be able to sleep, stay awake in the car on the way to school, get ready in the morning, or have good background sounds for the upcoming TV show.
21. Technology, because it keeps me entertained.
22. The fact that we had over 40 people at Thanksgiving lunch today, and even though I didn't know half their names, they all knew where I was going to school, and asked me how it was going.
23. The fact that we have the type of family that invites the entire Lake Travis volunteer fire department that was working today over to our lunch in shifts, so that they could still enjoy Thanksgiving even though they were working.
24. The fact that one of the cute younger firemen asked for my number...what a boost of confidence.
25. Thanksgiving food, because it is so so so good.
26. The fact that we get to eat it again at Christmas.
27. My houses in San Marcos and Georgetown because I love them both and wouldn't change a thing about them.
28. My 11 day Thanksgiving break.
29. The fact that I am a little over a semester away from being done with notes and tests FOREVER!
30. The fact that I am a little over a semester away and a year's worth of clinicals away from being done with school forever.
31. The fact that its ok to be scared of being a grown up.
32. The fact that my boyfriend (although he doesn't know it) Colt McCoy and the rest of the Horns are currently winning 35 to 3.
33. The fact that the Cowboys won today too.
34. Boyfriend's also going to win the Heisman.
35. My fantasy football team is also winning.
36. Boyfriend's team just scored again, 42 to 3. Awesome.
37. The fact that I've lost 10 pounds and a jean size in the last month. Hope Thanksgiving doesn't ruin it!
38. The fact that I don't have any idea what the next couple of years or even months of my life holds for me. Its scary. But wonderful. And I wouldn't want it any other way.
39. Knowing that my life is in exactly the place God wants it to be.

Busy being thankful,
Jenna

1 comments:

Nic Burleson said...

I like this post. I have a couple of observations however. #1. I definitely like the fact that we are higher up on the list than the Levy's. I think that is proper, right, just, and in good taste. #2. That being said, how the crap do I rank below Stippick and BELLA?!?!

Just kidding...sorta. We're thankful you're in our lives and that we get to laugh at your lame jokes!