THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Birthday Post

This morning I woke up early and got ready to leave for Sanyu with Amanda. Unfortunately, Amanda got caught in traffic and ended up showing up at the same time as we would have normally left. I hate getting up early for no reason.

When we got to Sanyu, the driver was out running errands, so we weren’t able to take Francis to the hospital today. I did get a chance to meet with Barbara, the director of Sanyu, and we talked about all the kids who are receiving therapy and changes that can be made. We also made appointments with everyone so that we can take Francis to the hospital for his chair on Monday morning. I didn’t really think that Barbara liked me because she wasn’t very friendly towards me, but Amanda said I really made an impression on her. She told all the nurses that they needed to help me, do whatever I asked of them, and to tell me thanks for all the work that I’m doing for the home.

I also did therapy with a few of the kids. The therapist is starting to listen to me, and for the most part, he lets me do whatever I want. Things are really starting to turn around there, and I am really excited about all the things I’ll be able to do there in the coming month.

After Sanyu we came home and had lunch and a quick nap and then we headed to Remand home. We did our usual program and played some games and then we hung out with the boys. I spent more time with Moses and another boy named Bruce. I had brought two Bibles with me to give away, so I gave one to each. They were both so excited. I showed them how to use the
Table of Contents and the One Year Reading plan in the back. It was great.

Even better, when we were there two weeks ago, Moses asked me to pray for his court case that happened last week. I have been praying about it the last two weeks and when I got there today he told me that he gets to go home next Saturday! He was so happy and excited to tell me about it, and it was really cool to show him the power of prayer.

After Remand Home we came back to the house. A bunch of people went to the School of the Deaf but tonight was my night to help with dinner so I had to stay behind. John and I made spaghetti, bananas and pineapples, and birthday cake for me and Leah’s birthday (today was Leah’s birthday and tomorrow is mine)

After dinner we sang Happy Birthday and had the cake and some ice cream. It was a nice little celebration.

Tonight Emily and I packed for safari and watched Mean Girls. Tomorrow we leave bright and early for safari, so you won’t hear from me until Sunday.

I get to call my family tomorrow (tonight for you guys) for my birthday. I can’t believe I’m going to be 22 in a few hours.

Today’s word: birthday which in Luganda means birthday…weird, I know.

22 in a few hours!
Jenna

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so weird that of all the words to be the same in Lugandan and English that it's "birthday". you think it would be "love" or "Mother" or something lol