THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 22nd (Internet was Out)

This morning I woke up early and went had Rita take me to Sanyu. I was still really tired from Gulu, but I had promised the German therapist that I would come back and work with her, so I felt like I needed to keep my promise. We had to take a taxi and another boda boda, and we stopped and got some breakfast bread and a weird type of black berry juice for breakfast. It was my first time to eat breakfast outside of the house.

I am so glad I got up to go to Sanyu. It was such a great morning! Since we weren’t on any time constraints, we were able to work with every child that needed therapy. The therapist gave me a bunch of different activities to do with each child since this was her last visit. It was really informative and a ton of fun. The therapist had brought shaving cream and bubbles and the kids had a blast with it. We even let Moses, Godwin, and Oscar go outside and play with it. They were a huge mess by the time they were finished but they laughed and squealed the entire time. They are definitely not autistic.

After playing, we helped feed, change, and put the kids down for a nap and then Rita and I headed back to the house. We both fell asleep in the taxi and luckily woke up right before our stop. I ended up accidently falling asleep on a man’s shoulder! He didn’t really seem to mind.

After we got back to the house we ate a late lunch and I took a quick nap and journaled on Gulu. Then, we were supposed to go play soccer at a local school for the deaf, but they cancelled at the last minute. In place of this, we decided to go see another movie at Garden City. We ended up seeing State of Play. It was a good movie and I really enjoyed it. Perhaps the best part was the popcorn Emily and I shared during the movie and the ice cream I had after. The whole trip gave me a little taste of home.

When we got back to the house we played some card games. Rawles and I dominated at Skip Bo again. I tried to watch some movies, but I ended up being too tired. I definitely needed to catch up on my sleep from the Gulu trip.

I can’t believe that my birthday and safari are both in 4 days!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy you are getting to do more therapy!You are going to be way better off when we start fieldwork.