THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer

This past week has been pretty lazy. No school, only worked about 18 hours. All I've really been doing is watching the Olympics and catching up on my scrapbooking. It's been pretty nice. This past weekend I went to visit Jaron so we could look at cars (which we didn't even do) and it was a weekend full of nothing, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I did get to do some cooking, and it was pretty good, if I do say so myself. Cooking will probably be my favorite housewife duty when I grow up.

Two big development in my life:

1. I went to the eye doctor this week. While my eye doctor is super nice and a family friend, I really hate going because every time I go, it reminds me of how terrible my eyes are. For example, you know the giant E on the vision test? Whenever they ask me to read that letter I say, "I only know its an E because its always an E," because I literally can't see it at all. They don't even try me on any of the other lines.
More big blows from the visit: 1. I've now developed an astigmatism in my right eye 2. My vision has gotten so bad in my left eye that the doctor says if it gets any worse I'll have to change brands because they don't make contacts any stronger than what I'm wearing in that brand. 3. I don't blink properly. I don't understand how you could do an automatic reaction improperly, but I do, and its causing dry eyes and damaged corneas.

My eye doctor did finally say that my eyes are ready for lasik! I've been asking her about it at every visit for as long as I can remember and although lasers around my eyes make me very nervous, I'm really excited! It would be such a blessing from God to be able to open my eyes and see without the use of glasses or contacts. It would be absolutely incredible actually. Anyways, right now, my cornea damage prevents me from getting the lasik, so I have to take fish oil and flackseed oil (both of which are the largest pills I've ever seen) and a bunch of different drops to prepare my eyes for the surgery (which will hopefully happen next summer). Anyways, if you could, say a pray for my eyes and their healing, because this surgery would mean the world to me.

Other big news, I bought a Wii this weekend. I found out that I got an A in all my summer classes, including pathology, and I figured I deserved a reward for missing four weeks of a 9 week class and still getting one of the only 3 As in the class (Dear Nic, I know the wages of sin is death and the only thing I deserve is death, but its just an expression). Jaron helped me pay for part of it as an anniversary present. Should I have spent so much? Probably not, my I think purchasing one would have been the only thing to curb the obsession I've had for the Wii lately. Now I won't have to force Merced to play with me. I anxiously await its arrival, and soon you can come over for Wii parties.

Much love.

0 comments: