THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Almost Gymnastic Future

Today was pretty uneventful. I watched Merced and took him to his daycare, bowling, OT, and then hung out at home. I finally experienced what its like to have Merced run away in public. That kid is pretty speedy when he wants to be!

I'm going to continue to write about my Olympics obsession today. First of all, I love watching how good Micheal Phelps is at swimming. Tonight however, is really about the gymnastics. I love love love, as team spider monkey would say, gymnastics. I really don't know how the gymnasts do it, because I get so nervous whenever they let go of the bar or jump on the beam on whatever it is. Additionally, I do not think it is fair that both nights of gymnastics have occurred the night before I have to leave my house at 5:30 in the morning. It's really cutting into my sleep.

One thing you probably didn't know about me? When I was younger, I did gymnastics for a while, and I remember being pretty good, however, this could be misleading as I don't know if I really was. Anyways, my first time on the high beam I fell off and hurt my arm and got a minor concussion. I never did gymnastics again.

Whenever I watch the Olympics I think about how my life would be different if I hadn't quit. Tonight you might be watching Shawn Johnson and I competing for the gold.

Do I know that these thoughts are pathetic? Yes. I don't need you to tell me.

-later

p.s. I'm not buying that these girls from China are 16.

1 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Jenna~ I've been reading your blog since Jaron got me hooked on "blogging"...and I think your stuff is insightful and funny but the real reason I'm leaving a comment today, is that I got your gift in the mail today(well, the notice has been sitting in my box for a coupla days but I just now checked it)anyways...wanted to tell you it was very sweet and thoughtful, I called Jaron to tell him to thank you for me...but you know him....I told him I didn't trust him to remember to tell you so I decided to leave a "thank you" on here, and tell you that it really meant a lot to me. Pam