THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Monumental Moments

I think I am going to see how many days in a row I can write in my blog. Today is day number three.

Overall, three things occurred in my life today that are worth mentioning:

1. Today I took my make up test from when I was sick (p.s. my blood work came back and I'm totally back to normal), not only did I do really well, it also marks the end of summer school. This is monumental for two reasons: 1. I will never again spend my summer in a classroom. 2. I have officially completed my first semester of Master's work.

2. For the first time today, I tried to win something on the radio. I was driving from school to Kactus Kidz, and I was rather bored and the DJ offered free tickets to Schlitterbahn, and I thought why not?

Unfortunately, the phone number had letters in it, and my phone does not have letters the way a normal phone does, so I called the wrong number. Normally, the story would end here, but things actually got much more interesting. After calling the wrong number, the wrong number called me back! I didn't want to answer because answering and explaining that I can't work the letters correctly on my phone would have been a very loserish thing to do, so I ignored it. Then the number called three more times, left a voicemail, and sent a text asking if I was the girl he had sent his number to last night over MySpace (I wasn't), at which point I gave in and explained, over text, which I find much less embarrassing.

From this I learned four things:
1. I should only dial phone numbers that contain only numbers
2. God clearly doesn't want me to go to Schlitterbahn
3. Perhaps I should also stay away from radio contests
4. I am making it my life goal to never be so desperate for a date that I call and text a wrong number multiple times.

3. Continuing with my trend of trying new things, I also tried organic milk that my roommate bought today. Typically, I like other organic things, organic bread, organic fruit, organic pasta, but I was a little nervous about organic milk. It took three days of it sitting in the fridge for me to try it. Something about it says, "Hello, I came straight from the udder and now your drinking me". I'm sure this really isn't the case, but the thought of it just doesn't appeal to me. Good news though, organic milk is quite tasty, and I recommend it, because 1. Its good 2. Its good for you. 3. According to my roommate its only a few cents more than regular milk

However, I recommend you do not smell the organic milk before you drink it. I wasn't a fan of the smell, and I wouldn't want the smell to keep you away from this opportunity.

I can't believe I just spent that much time writing about organic milk.

Anyways, last thing and then I'm done. I've noticed that many people have a signature ending to their blog. For example, my friend Kelsey signs her name, Micheal Pittman "says see you on the W", or something like that. I am considering starting one as I become more active in blogging. Tonight I am trying "until next time". Let me know how it suits you, or if you have any better ideas.

Tomorrow I am babysitting for Merced and then going to get our foreign exchange student at the airport....should be an interesting day.

-until next time

2 comments:

JCo said...

i cant believe you wrote that much about organic milk either and I think you should end with something like...."gots to go cuz im too fly"...that would be totally gangster

Anonymous said...

that would be pretty gangster

i use "cheers" because i stole it from somebody i thought to be cooler than myself.

i used to use "until next time"

i always enjoy yo (no not your, yo. thats gangster) blogs and how something as small as organic milk can be entertaining.