THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

MLK Day

On a lighter note, I would like to share a conversation that recently happened between my roommate Haley and I.

Scene: Walking together through Target upset that it is yet another store that does not have New Years decorations for our house.

Haley: This sucks. How are we supposed to decorate for New Years if all of the stores are sold out of stuff?

Jenna: Yeah I know, and its way too early to put up stuff for Valentines.

Haley: We can only get away with keeping our Christmas decorations a few more days. They have already been up since November. What other holidays are there?

Jenna: Well, I suppose we could put pictures of black people all over our house to celebrate MLK day.

The next day, I came home to the following:





In case you can't tell, that's a "Happy MLK Day" banner hanging up in our kitchen. The pictures are pictures of famous African Americans, and Micheal Jackson, who used to be African American. I think my favorite is the OJ Simpson mug shot.

I share this to tell you that stuff like this is why I never ever ever want to leave Scott Street. Seriously, Whitney's parents will probably have to drag me out kicking and screaming. It's the perfect house with the perfect people.

No one gets me quite as well as my roommates do, and I am dreading leaving in May. Therefore, I am going to do everything I can to ensure that this semester is our best yet.

Celebrating African American pride and freedom,
Jenna

1 comments:

To Have & Hold said...

this is so Haley, and I love love love it! The mug shot is in fact the best!:)