THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Promises

I meant to write this blog yesterday, but I stayed out too late, so here in my list of New Year's Promises a day late.

It should also be noted that I don't like to refer to these as resolutions. "resolutions" says to me "I think it would be a good idea to try this, whether or not I actually to do kind of depends." Kind of liking making a resolution to work out everyday, and then not actually doing it. Therefore, I refer to them as promises. I hereby promise to God, myself, and my friends that I will do the best to do everything on the list that follows. I ask that you keep me accountable, ask me how I'm doing, and maybe even publicly humiliate and shame me if I'm not keeping up (this should only be done in extreme situations for those of you who will abuse said power).

My 2009 Promises:

1. I am going to read the entire Bible this year. Every year I mean to do this, and then I get to about March 17th before I start to get behind. This year, I'm reading the whole thing. Promise.

2. I am going to complete at least one book a month. I love to read. I don't read enough. This year, I am going to do it. The end.

3. I am only skipping two classes a week this semester. It's my last semester in the classroom. I need to appreciate the gift I have been given. I need to enjoy the opportunity to learn. Why I am not making a promise to not skip any classes? I figure, why set myself up for failure? I will do my best to not skip at all though.

4. I will study at least 30 minutes for every test. No more winging it. I'm doing my best this semester.

5. I will take Bella on a walk at least twice a week. This one, is two fold. Number 1, I will take better care of my dog. Number 2: I will take better care of my body.

6. I will not say yes to things I don't want to do simply to make others happy. I am a people pleaser. Sometimes, I worry so much about pleasing others that I don't take care of myself. No more.

7. I will not tell someone I am going to pray for them unless I actually intend to do it. This one is self explanatory.

8. I am going to make an effort to not talk badly or gossip about people. I do this WAY too much. Sometimes, I reflect on the things I said during the day and I feel like an awful person. If I'm with you, and I start to talk bad about someone. Tell me to stop. Please. If I get mad, remind me of this bullet right here.

9. I am not going to pursue men, men are going to pursue me. Additionally, I promise to give every man that pursues me an equal opportunity. This is not to say that I will date every loser that comes along, but I will be less picky. I don't know how to word this better, but it makes sense in my head. Basically, if you're a pretty decent guy, and you want to pursue me, I'll give you a chance!

10. I will do my best to not worry about my future. 2009 is going to bring a bunch of changes, and worrying about said changes is just going to cause me to miss out on the day at hand. This coming semester represents my last few months in the college lifestyle, and I plan on enjoying it! Plus, what's the point in worrying if God's taking care of it all anyways?

11. I am going to cross one thing off my "List of Things to Do Before I Die" a month. As many of you know, I have a very long list of things to do before I die. I am now in my 20s, and I think I need to start working on the list. I am going to try to cross off one thing a month for the rest of my life. In the coming days, I am going to post my list online, I want to complete as many as possible with people I care about, so hopefully, you'll read it and want to do some of them with me. I want to create memories with the people I love.

Making Changes,
Jenna

0 comments: