THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cheesy Christian Comment Day

Today marks my 2 week countdown day. It is really very sad. I can’t believe that my time here is going so fast!

This morning my foot continued to look the same, but it’s a bit less painful, so I think that’s a good sign.

We went back to Katawalma today and I got to meet a lot of the other therapists at the hospital. Karen was also there, and today when we were talking we discovered that we arrived on the same day, and are leaving on the same day, but we don’t have any of the same flights, which is disappointing, because I really like her.

I spent the first part of the morning trying to comfort a little girl named Veronica who didn’t like being touched or talked to by any of the therapists or doctors. This was understandably so, as she had just had both legs amputated 3 weeks ago and was now in the process of learning to use her prosthesis. I would probably not want people who had been involved in removing my legs touching me either.

After Veronica, I worked with Samson again. His chair was still not ready, but he was able to use his hand some. Unfortunately, he was out of pain pills so he spent most of the session crying. Listening to Samson cry is one of the most awful things I have ever had to listen to. It literally breaks my heart every time. I am pretty sure part of Hell involves listening to Samson cry out in pain.

After Samson, I went and checked on Francis’ chair, which was still not done, so I stayed in the room and helped Fred finish up. We still didn’t completely finish, because we needed Francis for it, and I ended up making part of the group late in leaving, but I got the chair, and it looks pretty good. I am excited to see Francis in it tomorrow.

Afterwards, we came home and rested for a bit and then went back to Clive College to do our usual thing. Jen led worship, Tara gave a great lesson and then we spent the rest of the time just talking with the kids, which is one of my favorite things to do. I’m sad next week will be my last week with them.

After Clive we came home for a little while, Kevin and I went and checked out some soccer jerseys, and then we went to the Uganda School of the Deaf, which is literally a 5 minute walk from our house.

It was so much fun! We made bracelets and passed out stickers and played duck, duck, goose and soccer. It was also really fun to use the little sign language I know to communicate with them. It made the kids really happy to have someone besides their classmates to talk to. I really hope we go back again before I leave because I loved it.

Tonight we watched some movies and I worked on my paper. I’m moving along slowly but surely on it.

I also got a package in the mail today! My friend Laura sent me some sunscreen, headbands, eye drops, and bobby pins in the mail a while back (June 11th to be exact) and it finally came today. It was so awesome to get something from home. Thanks for being such an awesome friend Laura!

In other news, Cheesy Christian Comment Day was excellent. We are probably going to do it another day before I leave.

In honor of Cheesy Christian Comment Day:

I’m not writing this blog, it’s the Holy Spirit writing this blog through me,
Jenna

0 comments: