THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Marshmallow Fun

This morning I woke up really early and talked to my family on Skype for a while. It took a while to get the internet to work, but once I did we got to talk for about 30 minutes. It was really nice to catch up with them and now that we have figured out how to work it and I am getting up early to work on my paper we plan on talking a bit more often. Good thing we figured it all out when I only have 2 weeks left.

By the time we had finished talking it too late to go back to bed so I worked on my paper for a while before heading to Sanyu. I was really excited to go over there and see Francis in his chair. Unfortunately, he was still a little sick from last week and cried almost the entire time, so he didn’t spend very long in it. It is also in need of some adjustments, so Amanda and I are going to take him back to Katawalma on Monday.

I did the usual therapy stuff on Anita, Francis, Moses, Godwin, John, and Esther. I also changed some sheets, sorted beans, and helped the nurses dressed the kids for the day. It was a pretty uneventful day with the exception of one encounter with a woman from Canada.

I had just finished therapy with Francis and a nurse had just brought me John so I could start therapy on him, and Francis had missed snack time, so the Canadian woman was bringing him his bottle. I asked her if she would mind feeding Francis so that I could start therapy on John to which she responded,

“I don’t want to deal with that.” In case you’re wondering, the “that” she was referring to was Francis. She also looked at him like he had some sort of contagious disease.

She made me sick to my stomach.

After Sanyu I came home and ate some lunch and took a much needed nap before we went over to Remand home. At Remand home we did the usual. Nathan did a really good job of sharing and the worship was absolutely incredible. The kids got so into it, it was nuts in there, and I loved it.

I also have some really really great news! Today I talked to Moses about why he was still at Remand, because he was supposed to get out 2 weeks ago. He told me that it was because no one has come to get him and he has no money to get home. Colin said that sometimes the parents don’t know that their kids have been released, or they don’t care. I’m sure you’re wondering why this is great news, so let me tell you the next part: Moses lives in Luwero!

Which is where we are going on Saturday to visit my sponsor kids.

What a God thing that my sponsor kids are from there and that we are going there this Saturday. God is so smart!

Anyways, after making this discovery, Colin and I talked to the warden and got the clearance for me to take Moses home when Francis, Emily and I go to Luwero to visit the sponsor kids on Saturday. I am so excited that I am going to be able to do this for him!

Colin also said that this will be good because if his parents haven’t come to get him because they are still upset with him, we can help to talk with them and mediate the situation. I also plan on getting him some clothes and basic hygiene things to take home with him. Saturday is going to be a great day!

Once we got home I helped John with dinner and went to the market. After dinner I went to Edith’s house and milked her family’s cow.

It was an interesting experience. I am really bad at it. It was hard to get milk to come out, and most of it got on my hands when I did get some out, but it was still fun.

After I worked on my paper some, Emily and I went and got some great popcorn so that we could have something to enjoy during share time.

Tonight we made a campfire and just shared testimonies and what God has been showing us while we have been here. A lot of people are leaving on Monday and Tuesday so we really wanted to have an opportunity to sit around and talk. A bunch of people shared and it was really interesting and moving to here everyone’s stories and figure out more of where they are coming from.

After campfire time, Kevin and I played a really intense game of “throw the marshmallow into Jenna’s mouth”. We almost broke an ironing board, I might have gotten a black eye from a marshmallow, and I ate some really dirty marshmallows, but other than I had a blast.

Tonight was just a really great night of fellow shipping with everyone and I am really thankful to God that I got the chance to experience it.

Probably going to get polio from the black marshmallows I ingested,
Jenna

P.S. My mom told me a lot of you guys have been concerned about my foot. Today the green is almost gone, the redness and swelling is going down, and the hole in my foot has really gone down in size. Thank you guys for all the prayers!

0 comments: