THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This morning I woke up really early and got a lot of work done on my paper. Then, after devotions we went to Katawalma. It was my last time there, which was extremely depressing. I dropped off Francis’ chair so that they could make adjustments, and then I went to the therapy room. Karen wasn’t there this morning, so I worked with another therapist named Olive.

The first boy we worked with was named Edward. He was one of the happiest kids I have ever met. He couldn’t talk, but he laughed and smiled at everything. He has cerebral palsy and today we helped him learn to walk with a walker for the first time. He picked it up so quickly! This is the second time this summer that I have had the opportunity to watch a child take their first steps. It is truly an incredible experience, and I am so thankful to God for giving me the opportunity.

After working with Edward, I spent the rest of the time with Sansom. He was out of pain pills again and just cried and cried the entire time. It was really awful. I am also really sad that I can’t stay longer to help him and his family more. I actually kind of feel guilty about it. I know that’s a silly feeling to have, because there isn’t really much I can do for them anyways, but I can’t shake it.

After Katawalma we went home and had some lunch. We had some problems with the vans so we didn’t end of going to Clive. We went to a school called City Side. This made me extremely nervous. It took me 3 weeks to build up enough confidence to speak at Clive because I was comfortable with it.

Then, on the way there, we realized that we had no one to lead worship, and that Brett and I were the only none new people that actually knew the words to songs. This meant that we would be leading worship. Needless to say, I was super nervous.

When we got there, the students led most of the songs. They only asked us to do one song, and I think Brett and I pulled it off really well. After singing, Benon told me that I only had 5 minutes to share, so I went through my message from Luke 5 super fast. I told the story of the men lifting their paralyzed men through the roof to meet Jesus. I also spoke on the importance of sharing Jesus with our friends. It went well considering the amount of time I had.

After I finished, Benon find out that I actually had 15 minutes left. It was a little disappointing, but it did give us a chance to talk to the kids for a bit.

After Scripture Unions we came home for a bit before heading to play Bethany College in a basketball game. We got killed, I actually played for about 30 seconds, and Edith, Lynn, and I spent the rest of the time making up stupid cheers. It was a blast.

Tonight I stole/Emily let me have a bunch of beautiful pictures that she has taken while in Uganda. She does photography on the side and she is extremely talented. I can guarantee that some of her pictures will end up as artwork on my wall, and I can’t wait to show them to you guys.

Tonight I worked on my paper and watched The Pursuit of Happyness with everyone. Tomorrow is my last day at Remand home with Moses. Leaving is going to be so sad.

Tomorrow (tonight your time) I am getting up early to try and talk to my family again. Cross your fingers the internet is working. I should be on skype at around 9 or 930 if you want to talk to me too.

Looking forward to chatting with my pops,
Jenna

0 comments: