THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tomorrow The One Week Countdown Begins

This morning Heath gave a great devotional time. It was really inspiring, I’m pretty sure that kid is gonna be a great preacher one day.

After devotional we went back to Modern Primary School. I really love the kids at that school. They are always so excited to see us. We had the same group this time, we sang some songs, played some games, and Brett told the story of Jonah and the whale. The rest of us acted it out in the background. I hate to toot my own horn, but I played a pretty mean whale. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Academy gives me a nod come Oscar time.

After Modern we came home and said bye to Leah. Leah was an absolutely wonderful girl whose passion for the Lord really inspired me. It was really sad to see her go, and the house definitely isn’t going to be the same without her.

After lunch and goodbyes, we went to Clive for a Scripture Union meeting. This time, the students led it, so we sang some songs and then split up into groups and had some discussion questions about what it means to do ministry. It was really great to just sit and talk with the kids. Tomorrow I am speaking for the first time at Clive. I am nervous and excited about it. Pray for me please, speaking isn’t really my strong point!

After Clive we came home for a bit and I took the new people to the bank and the market. It’s weird that I am now so experienced that I take the new people around. Now that Jen and Leah left today, I have been here the longest besides the people that live here. It is nuts.

This evening we went back to the squatter’s house to play with the kids that we visited with last week. They sang us songs and we passed out toys and played with them. We also did a bunch of jump roping. They remembered my name after only a few hours together last time. The effect we have on kids always surprises me. I had a blast.

Today when I said bye to them, I realized we probably won’t be going back there before I leave. It was my last time to see them. Then I realized that tomorrow is the one week countdown. That means that everywhere we go for the rest of the week will be my last time there. Leaving is going to be so depressing.

After we squatter’s we came home and said bye to Jen, ate some dinner, and Heath, Rita, and I went to the market. We also played a bunch of card games tonight.

Admittedly, I didn’t do much work on my paper.

I promise to be better tomorrow,
Jenna

0 comments: