THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Last Favorite Day of the Week

This morning was another great day. I woke up early and did some work on my paper. I am so close to being finished! After everyone else had woken up, we headed to Sanyu. It was my second to last day there, which made me really sad, but I still had another great morning with the kids.

Francis’ chair is still not correct. I had made a marking for where I wanted his head piece to go and they placed it under the line instead of above (after I told them to place it above about 50 times), which I didn’t notice until I put him in it this morning. It was disappointing to still not see it done, but Douglas, one of the Ugandans says he can fix it quite quickly and easily for me tomorrow. I can’t wait to finally see it done and Francis sitting properly in it on Monday.

I did therapy on all the usual kids this morning and I realized how much I am really really really going to miss them. I have a really bad feeling I am going to cry when we leave on Monday.

That feeling is confirmed by the fact that I just teared up a little bit thinking about it.

On a more positive note, my friend Emily followed me around all morning. It was a little awkward to do therapy with someone taking pictures, but it was well worth it. The pictures came out BEAUTIFULLY. Seriously, I can’t wait to show them to you guys. Every time I look at pictures that Emily takes I can’t get over how talented she is. My walls are literally going to be covered with her photographs when I get home.

After Sanyu we came home and had a quick lunch before going to Remand. The kids went nuts during worship again. I get so happy and teary eyed every time. The energy and love and passion for Jesus that is in the room is just so awesomely indescribable. I’ll show you a video of it when I get home, but I have a feeling it won’t do it justice. Tara had the kids do a skit contest on family, which the kids really seemed to enjoy, and Heath gave another great message. That guy is going to be a great preacher one day I think.

Francis and I also talked to the warden and Moses again today. They have started working on his paperwork and Francis is going to go and talk to Moses’ parents when he goes back to Luwero on Saturday. Francis thinks he should be able to go home not this Saturday, but the next. He should also be able to go back to school this next term. I am going to help pay for his school fees as well.

I’m not really sure where the money for this is coming from, but it’s something that I have prayed about, so I am sure God will provide somehow.

Saying goodbye to Moses was really hard today. I cried to be honest. I have made such strong bonds and connections here, and I have a feeling that the goodbyes are only going to get harder. I left him a card and a picture of us, and Francis and I told him about his opportunity to go back to school and going home. He was super excited. Seeing the joy on his face was worth any pain I felt in saying goodbye. I love knowing that I am making a difference in his life.

On a completely unspiritual side note, on Saturday I gave Moses some body wash and today the boys were asking me how you use it. They had been using it like lotion and were complaining to me that it kept on making their skin sticky and dry. I couldn’t help but laugh. I have never had to explain to someone how to use soap before!

After Remand home, instead of going home with everyone, Francis and I went to a local market nearby. I wanted to go and get some stuff for Emily, Jessie, and my sponsor children. The market was literally like a giant garage sale. I’m pretty sure that everything in the market was at one time or another owned by an American. Everything was secondhand. We walked around for a bit and we able to find some really great deals. I got four pairs of shoes for $30, 3 dresses for $15, pants and a shirt for Jovan for $5, 4 mosquito nets for $10, and 4 backpacks for $13. Uganda is so cheap!

I also got some picture frames to put the pictures Emily and I printed in, and I am giving Francis money to buy Jovan’s family a mattress. I wish I could be there to see all the kids get the stuff.

Tonight I copied all the songs and Luganda words into my spiral so that I can remember them when I get home. It took a while, but it was well worth it. I can’t wait to teach you guys some Luganda and some African songs!

Dreading 5 days from now,
Jenna

1 comments:

daviddowns said...

I love reading your blogs.....so blessed by it:) Praying for you daily! Mrs. Downs