THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

First Day In London

Yesterday I arrived in London, got my bags, and waited for my mom and sister to come and get me from the airport. After dropping my bags off at the hotel, we went and got some food. Pizza and cheesecake was my first meal outside of Africa, and it was so good.

After dinner it started to rain, so we headed back to the hotel. I also got to take a real shower and bath for the first time in 2 months. It was excellent. I’m pretty sure I was about 5 shades lighter once I got all the dirt that has been caked on me for two months off.

This morning, we woke up early and headed out to explore the city. We looked at the St. Mary’s in the Fields church, and Trafalgar Square. We watched the changing of the guards at the Horse Guards. Also on our list of stops was Buckingham Palace, Westminister Abbey, the Jewel Tower. It involved a lot of walking and riding the subway, a lot of pictures, and a lot of tourists, but it was still really cool to see everything. In the evening we went and rode the London Eye and ate dinner at Harrod’s department store. The London Eye gave us some beautiful views of the city, and the potato skins and strawberry milkshake I had for dinner was fabulous.

Overall, it was a great day, but I still find myself missing Uganda a lot. I think it’s good that my mom and sister and London are here to distract me, because if I was just sitting at home, I would probably sink into some kind of depression. Whenever I see a clock, I immediately figure out what time it is in Uganda, and what I would be doing at that time.

I don’t want you to think that I don’t love being in London, because I do. It’s just that Uganda is always in the back of my mind.

I can’t wait to until I get to go back.

Looking forward to another day in London tomorrow,
Jenna

0 comments: