THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Last Sunday

This morning I went to my last church service while in Uganda. We went to Kampala Community Church, which is the church Tara goes to when she is here in Uganda. The choir was really good, and we also got to see the children’s choir perform, which was really entertaining. The message was pretty good as well. After the service was over, the pastor and his wife gave us some sodas and took us on a small tour of the church. Everyone here is always so welcoming!

After church we came home and had a quick lunch. Then, Jovan and LaTisha came over and I took them swimming at a swimming pool nearby. I have been promising to take them swimming for forever, and today was the last day that we would have been able to go.

Swimming was a lot of fun, even though the water was freezing! We only lasted about an hour because we started getting too cold.

On the way home, we stopped by the supermarket and the fruit market to get some supplies for our cooking lesson. Jovan and LaTisha promised a long time ago to teach me how to make traditional Ugandan foods.

Once we got home, I washed some underwear and bras (hand washed, my mom would be so proud!) and sorted through the rest of my clothes to figure out what Sarah needs to wash for me before I go to London. After I finished, Irish Amy, Abby, and I went to Jovan and LaTisha’s house to learn to make the food.

We had such a blast! Jovan’s mom and aunt, Jovan, LaTisha and the three of us made Ugandan pancakes, chapatti, and rolexes. They also gave me the recipes for a bunch of other things. I am excited to come home and make everything for you guys. I am a little nervous it won’t turn out exactly right though. Ugandans don’t use measurements at all when they are making food. It’s all estimates! I’m a little nervous about it.

After cooking lessons I came home and played Sorry! with Jovan, LaTisha, and Abby. We also had a small birthday celebration for Emily from Alaska. She turned 17 today! If you thought sending me to Africa was hard, imagine sending your 16 year old daughter!

Tonight, I also printed out my paper! It is completely finished. Tomorrow I am taking it to a nearby stationary store to have it bound, and then all I have left to do is the presentation, which shouldn’t take long at all.

It has been such a great day!

Enjoying my last few days here,
Jenna

0 comments: